Dress Code for an Interview
In an interview, Dress Code will be an important factor. Usually the HR selects a man or women not only based on their intelligence and communication skills, they also take note on their dress code. If they lack in wearing a proper dress code, then there will be only a little chance to get selected in an interview. Here are some solutions to wear proper dressing for an interview.
General dress code:
- A single breasted suit with grey or dark blue color will be an appropriate suit for an interview.
- The long sleeved shirt with white color is best.
- Properly polished and clean shoes.
- Fingernails should be trimmed and kept clean.
- Neat hair style.
- Minimum amount of makeup, perfume and jewelries.
- No chewing gum or chocolates.
Dress Code for Men:
- Silk type necktie with suitable shirt color
- Must wear professional black shoes with black socks
- Short haircut with good hair style
- Mustaches should be avoided, if must keep it neat and trimmed
- Good clean shave is required
- Wear only limited amount of jewelry
- Do not wear any rings except wedding ring
- Use only briefcase or portfolio
Dress Code for Women:
- Must wear suit with jacket
- Shoes with reasonable height heels
- Skin color hosiery
- Professionally good looking hair style
- Should not use small or large purses, instead of purse use briefcase or portfolio
- Nail polish is not required
- Wear only one ring
- Also wear only one set of ear rings
At last before attending an interview, keep the interview clothes neat, clean and also ironed. Keeping clothes clean and neat is not enough. A man or women can be judged by the way he or she wears a shoe. So, make sure that the shoe is kept well polished and clean. These are the two important things that everyone must handle before they attend an interview.